From The City:
The second of two winter storms is expected to hit Laguna Beach early tomorrow morning and continue through Saturday. The National Weather Service has issued several watches and advisories which include; Flash Flood Watch, Wind Advisory and a Coastal Flooding Watch. High tide is expected at 8:06 am tomorrow which will be in the middle of the storm.
The City of Laguna Beach has been preparing by:
• Increasing staffing levels for public safety and public works departments.
• Having Code Enforcement Officers visit flood prone properties and businesses.
• Issuing an AlertOC message to Laguna Canyon residents and business owners.
• Issuing a second AlertOC call to downtown businesses and residents.
• Owners with flood gates are being urged to put them in place tonight and tomorrow evening.
• Contacting local schools to ensure they are aware of City preparations.
• Pre-positioning pieces of City equipment at key locations to mitigate flooding issues.
• Activating an additional Fire Engine to handle flood related calls for service.
• Working with County agencies to ensure communication lines are open should outside assistance become necessary.
Residents in need of sand bags make pick up empty bags at any of the following fire stations.
• Fire Station Number One located at 501 Forest Avenue
• Fire Station Number Two located at 285 Agate Street
• Fire Station Number Three located at 2900 Alta Laguna Blvd.
• Fire Station Number Four located at 31646 2nd Avenue
Sand will be available free of charge at the far end of the old employee parking lot at 650 Laguna Canyon Road near the “Santa Shed.”
The City is urging all residents to take proper precautions since this is expected to be a stronger than usual storm with predictions of nearly 3 inches of rain during a 24 hour period.
Comprehensive information about the weather forecast, important phone numbers and storm preparations can be located on the City website at:
If the storm impacts the Patriot’s Day Parade scheduled for Saturday March 1st at 11am, the City will send text alerts and update parade information on the City website.
For further information, please contact: Captain Jason Kravetz at (949) 497-0307 or email@example.com